Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Everything is beginning looks the same.

I haven’t had a chance to blog for a couple of weeks.  The relay for life seems like a long time ago, even though I just posted the blog that I stated that weekend.  Since then I have been getting through one day at a time.  You know how that is.  When life is too busy, too many errand to run, too many meals to cook, and too many days that just blur together because nothing really stands out. 

Yes, that has been my last couple of weeks.  It could be because once again the gloomy clouds have settled over our otherwise beautiful Kodiak Island.  It could be the hours spent on the tread mill in the vain effort of loosing weight before vacation.  (Yes it is totally vain and completely unrealized, yet I continue.)

I have been trying to dejunk my house, shed, attic, and other rooms overflowing with useless treasures.  I look around and realize that in the 6 years since we moved to Kodiak we have collected too much.  Three days ago I attempted a garage sale with two good friends.  Our hopes were not realized as Melanie’s garage is still full, now with stuff from all three of us.  We are not giving up yet, and the plan is to continue for several weekends until a considerable amount is gone before taking the rest to good will. 

So the garage sale was my highlight for last week, as I spent two nights helping to organize and set up the garage.  This week has yet to find a project, something that I need to help me organize my time and point me in some direction.  Otherwise I turn in circle in my house doing the same things everyday, and everyday begins to look like yesterday.  I think I need to find a new hobby.  Something that I can look forward to doing, with some project that extends beyond my four walls.  Tomorrow had the promise of another day and hopefully not the same old thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment