Monday, November 8, 2010

Restart, again!

I am finally getting back to my schedule. Per doctors orders I laid off the running routine and got a little extra rest.  For the first time in a week and a half I was up running, and put in my 4 miles.  I really need to do some catch up from the week that I missed to reach my goal, but I did enjoy the extra hour of sleep everyday. 

We have still been working hard to be rid of the pest problem too.  The exterminator came last week and sprayed everything, and my house has not felt this clean in a long time.  I never knew it would take so much work to get ready for someone to come in and fumigate my house.  We were washing everything that could be washed, shampoo carpets, clean out closets, vacuum corners, baseboards, and heater vents.  It felt like we were cleaning for an inspection.  The kids still do not have any cloths in their rooms, which has made it incredibly easy to keep rooms clean.  Aside from having to deal with four giant plastic totes full of clothes stacked in my living room I am enjoying  it. 

Today swim team starts back up again.  Five months of running back and forth to the pool with one kid or another everyday.  This week the girl’s piano teacher is back in town, so piano lessons will start up again too.  I am glad to see that the kids will stay active again, and they really love to swim, and I am glad that they have that opportunity.  Growing up we only had volley ball, basketball, or track.   In those days I was not a runner, so the closest I got to sporting events was playing in the pep band. 

Each day brings a new adventure.  You could say that it looks like the same old thing day after day, and it does.  Each day we struggle with chores, homework, sewing, laundry, meals to prepare, church callings, and other responsibilities.   But even with all of the similarities each day, we strive to better ourselves, our home, and our relationships.    I know that my relationship with my children is better than it was two years ago.  There are many days when I wish that I could send them all off to school and enjoy my time, to spend my day as I want.  But I enjoy my children so much more now than I used to.  We talk more, we play more, and we learn new things each day.  I never thought I would be excited to have my children home, or that it would even be something I would want.  I am glad to know that even I am changing and and learning to be better along with my children.  

1 comment:

  1. So, you rested and didn't run for a week. Are you feeling better? I remember the days of pep band and wishing I was more athletic. I need to find out about swimming lesson for Piper and Aunt Debi says to start at 6 months so we might find out for Kendell in the future too. I am glad you are able to enjoy staying home with the kids. Wish I could. Give our love to all your family!

    ReplyDelete