Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Eclipse

Did you see the lunar eclipse last night.  Amazingly enough there were no clouds blocking our view of the heavens.  The kids were so excited they were running to the window every 5 minutes watching for a change in the moon.  Chad spent some time fiddling with the camera to get a good shot.   He is a lot more patient and knowledgeable about photography to work to get a good picture.  I am the the point and click kind, so I am usually disappointed in the photos that I get.  I am also not one to sit for any amount of time editing my photos.  I can crop and that is about the extent of my editing ability.  So with my lack of expertise I was really happy with the way Chad’s pictures came out.  
  
December 2010 003
I was not expecting to see the small streaks of the stars moving.  Leaving the shutter open long enough to gather the moonlight picked up the faint movement of the stars above our heads.
December 2010 002December 2010 005December 2010 007December 2010 008

No comments:

Post a Comment