Monday, October 25, 2010

A beginning

I have been running for two weeks and tracking my progress daily.  It gives me a sense of accomplishment to see the numbers adding up.  Already I have gone a little  beyond my weekly goal and that make me feel confident  that I will achieve my long term goal by the end of the year.  What a great feeling! 

The past week we have been doing some major cleaning and purging.  It is something that I have needed to do for quite some time, but kept putting it off because I did not have the time, energy, ect. to begin such a daunting task.  That all was decided for me when I finally realized that we must have some kind of bug in our house, and most particularly in the kids rooms.  I had been discounting the bites on their legs for a while as something they were getting playing outside, it all starting about the time we went to girls camp with the young women.  However,  now the obvious is finally hitting me as the weather has turned chilly and they spend a lot more time inside and yet continue to get bitten.  Time to take drastic action, including taking everything (I do mean everything) out of the bed rooms, vacuuming relentlessly, and being ridiculously dedicated to laundry.  At the moment Alyssa and Sam do not have a single item of clothing in their room, most of it has been washed and sealed into plastic tubs.  They are not allowed to wear cloths two days in row without first washing in hot water.  I dread to see what my oil bill will be after over 20 loads of laundry washed in hot water. 

For the mean time we have plastic totes stacked in the living room, a thorough vacuuming  of the whole house every day,  and one more room to completely clean (mine, the catch all when there is not a place for everything).  Today we set off bug bombs and hope this will clear everything up.  If not, the battle continues.  Hopefully by the end my house will never have looked better.

No comments:

Post a Comment