Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A couple of new changes

You may have noticed the new addition to my profile.  My wonderful husband found a gadget that would keep track of my running, and now I am already on my way to reaching my goal of 200 miles by the end of the year. 

This is not the only thing looking different today.  I have a whole new look too.  For the past year I have been thinking about donating my hair to Locks for Love.  My hair is now the longest it has ever been, and it is starting to get in the way.  I have found that I am not a fan of it all over my face when I am out running, or sticking to my back and pulling my head around.  It is now down to my waist and starting to get caught and tangled.  I finally understand why many of the women I have known with really long hair keep it in a braid, keeping it from getting so tangled.

new hair 001

So today I finally got up the nerve cut it off and donate it.   I am sad and a little depressed to see it all go, but it is for a good cause.  I just keep reminding myself it will grow back.  It may take 3 or 4 years, but it will grow back.   

Chad suggested I take this opportunity to get a whole make over with the hair cut, a new color, new clothes, become a new person.  I don’t think he is complaining about the old person, but I know that I am ready for a change, to try to be someone else.   So I have gone through a couple of changes today.  First the cut, which I love.  I was very excited to see how it turned out and see that it was not as short as I had imagined.

new hair 002

Next the color, which is growing on me.  It is a semi permanent color, so it will fade out in the next 6 to 8 weeks, just enough time to decide if I really like it.  My neighbor Alex was the best.  I had sewn some curtains for her salon, so I got the free cut and she sent me home with the bottle of hair color. 

   new hair 003

Alyssa was my photographer for the day.  I think she did a pretty good job.  So what do you think of my new look?  Shocking, sassy, completely different.  Leave me a comment.

1 comment: