Sunday, October 10, 2010

Goals

Yesterday saw the achievement of a goal I have been working toward for weeks, months even.  I ran the Run the Rock 1/2 Marathon!  13 miles, up a mountain, down the other side, out through beautiful scenery to Anton Larsen Bay, turn around and go back up and back down the mountain.  My friend Ambee Hill ran the whole way with me, as we each pushed each other farther on.  I sprinted across the finish line to make my final time 2 hours 37 minutes 4 seconds. 

For the past week I have watched the sky as our island has been hit with wind and rain.  Chad asked me on Friday with the rain pouring down if I would still run in that weather.  Of course I would!  Wasn’t I out to prove how insane I really am?  Or to prove that I can stick fast to my convictions?  I gathered my warm gear and prepared mentally to spend three miserable hours pitting myself against nature.   I meant to prove to myself that I was firm in my goals.  Thankfully, Saturday dawned not really bright and sunny,  but fair and I was ready for the big race. 

Now I need to set a new goal to keep me going through the winter.  I plan to run at least 200 miles from now to the end of the year.   Now to figure out how to install an app that will track my miles each day to count down my goal.  Maybe I will have to be extra sweet to ask my tech genus husband to do that for me.   Technology is not my goal, fitness is.    So day 1 starts tomorrow, hopefully with a few miles under my belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment