Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day Run

The Independence Day run was held on Monday July 5. Yeah!! This meant that I was able to run it. The last big even with a 40 mile bike ride, but it was held on Sunday, the day before Memorial Day, so I was not able to participate. I only found out a couple of days ago that this year the run would be on the 5th, and I was really excited. In fact I was so excited that I convinced a couple of good friends to run it with me. See what a great friend I am? I drag others along on my painful quests! Thank you gals for coming along!!


Independance Day 10K run 007


Do you notice that I am on my tip toes to be just a little bit taller next to these two. Those who might not remember, I am a shorty.


Crystal, Ambee and I ran a 1/2 marathon last fall, so this should have been nothing. Except that I did not spend the winter running on the treadmill, like Ambee did. Ambee left me in the dust. Still I was pretty happy with my time of 1 hour 9 minutes, and according to my GPS it was 6.33 miles.




All in all, it felt really good to be out running, and the weather once again cooperated with us. Yesterday it had turned rainy again, so I was sure today could be miserable; but the sun made an appearance and there was very little wind.


We had a couple other friends that also participated, so we all had to get together at the end for another photo opp. Way to go everyone!
Independance Day 10K run 010Independance Day 10K run 008



No comments:

Post a Comment