Monday, July 5, 2010

Out of the mouth of babes

If I don’t record those cute things the kids say I will never remember them. 

I guess Connor has gotten into the super hero stage.   Not really, but he likes the sayings.  A couple of weeks ago he was getting breakfast.  He ran into the kitchen saying “Sugar to the recue!”  Of course I busted up laughing, and asked what sugar was rescuing him from.  He grabbed the sugar canister and ran back to the table where his bowl of cornflakes as waiting.  He very seriously answered “from starving, Mom.”   There may have been an eye roll in there, but I was laughing too much to pay much attention.

 

Last night was another of those moments.  Chad and I were sitting comfortably watching a movie.  We were about 1/2 through when Chad decided he wanted popcorn.  He was slouched down in the bean bag and wanted a hand up.  I sent Kaylin to help daddy.  She walked right up to Chad, threw her hands in the air, and very clearly yelled “Up!”  

Independance Day 10K run 004 Independance Day 10K run 003 

Well she was helpful.  Once we stopped laughing we got up and made popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment